The Mustang is my third project going at the same time as the Torino and GMC truck. I got this in a package deal when I bought the Torino. I was after a Torino and my wife likes Mach I’s so it worked out for both of us…if I ever get them finished. This one was advertised as just a Mustang, but after seeing some of the details it had in the trim pieces and then running the VIN to get the MARTI report, it was confirmed to be a Mach I. However, not much original in it. The motor has been changed, the exterior and interior color has been changed, the transmission has been changed. So, it is what it is…a good project car for me to play with and learn on.
Sadly, the paint, like the Torino, looks fair in pictures, but up close is cracking in a lot of places; both on metal surfaces and real bad on the front bumper and flexible rubber/plastic areas between fender/quarters and bumpers.
Here it is in the shop, The shop is where all current funds are being directed, but this Mustang is leaking around the quarter windows real bad, so I had to push in it on into the unfinished shop…ahead of the Torino.
This one needs electrical, engine, interior, and paint and body work…and new wheels.
FYI - Some may have learned this already, but be careful with “waterproof” car covers. Before the shop was built, I had bought a “breathable waterproof” cover to try to keep the water out of the Mustang. I learned the hard way that either water was getting through the cover or it was condensating underneath the cover. Regardless, during the hot summer months, the moisture that was trapped underneath caused the paint to blister down the passenger fender and driver quarter panel. Good thing it already needed a paint job.