Hello. New member here!

Hi, I’m Bob from St. Louis, MO. I’ve been a hobbyist at this for many years. My very first car was a 1957 Chevy BelAir I did back in the mid 70’s. I didn’t much know what I was doing back then though. There was no Internet or courses to learn from back in the dark ages. I just did the first three chapters of Tony’s videos last night!

My best project car to-date was a 1966 Eldorado. I did the body work and the blue firemist paint. Most of my experience back in the day was nitro based lacquer. I’ve been away from it for awhile and am getting back into it.

I’ve owned many cars and bikes over the years and have always done all the work myself - from mechanical to bodywork to paint. I just resurrected a 2005 Hyundai that one of the kids had an accident with. Mechanically it’s fixed, and the interior looks like new. I’m not sure whether I want to do all the body work and paint it or not - or just run it to the ground as-is. The panels that were severely damaged have been replaced.

My other two cars waiting in the wings are a 1972 Cutlass Supreme and a 1988 Pontiac Fiero. Both of those are going to be expensive since I want to put an LS engine in each. So I’m toying with the idea of picking up a pair of 1975 MGB GTs that I can get really cheap because they need lots of work, fixing them, repainting them, and selling them for seed money for my more expensive cars.

What I’d really like to do is figure out how to turn this into a business somehow so I’m not working for someone else.

@Bob_the_K , Welcome to the LABAP PUB. There is a lot of great info on here and some really helpful people to assist you with whatever questions you may have. Are you a VIP member?

Looking forward to seeing more posts and pictures of your projects.

Kent aka “Genesis”

Welcome! You can definitely make some money if you are good and get some word of mouth.