New member to LABAP Forums

Well, where do I start? I currently work in Fayetteville, NC but my home is in Charleston, SC. Started doing body work in high school…painted my first car when I was 16 ( I am 50 now). Went into the army, got out of the army and went back to doing body work for a couple years. Went back to school and became a mechanical design engineer (worked for Purolator, BorgWarner Turbo Systems, Northrup Grumman, Boeing and a few more companies) and been doing that ever since. Have done some body work on the side for family and friends but nothing major. Anyway, I inherited my son’s car ( 2005 Monte SS) when he was killed in 2014 and tried to take care of it the best I could. Had a hurricane whip thru town back in September/October timeframe and, as I was driving, a 100mph gust of wind pushed the car sideways. Wasn’t room enough to correct and I wrecked my son’s car! Now I have to fix it. So I am using this as kind of a refresher to try and remember all the things I forgot and learn the new things that have come along. Hopefully I don’t muff it up to bad!!

Before the wreck

After the wreck…

1 Like

After the wreck…

1 Like