Post your spray guns, reviews, stories & recommendations

How about it gent’s. A place for your gun reviews and stories.

I’ll open it with how I learned my first hard lesson.
I spent 8 months doing the body work on my 69 Chevy K10 SWB before it was ready to spray sealer and BC/CC on. I had bought a Cambel housefeld from Walmart for 39.99 and had been very impressed with it, so was the guy helping me who had painted cars for a living. So away we went one evening him down one half and me down the other. After a coat of sealer, 3 coats of base and 1 coat of clear it was turning out amazing, I couldn’t have been happier. We tack off spray 2nd coat with a bunch of white pearl in it, tack and feeling confident I said I could handle the last coat on my own and then right dead in the middle of working down the driver’s side of the hood the needle stuck in the gun and dripped a few drops then started spraying erratic. It looked like skipping a rock through water across the top of my hood, in a panic I stopped and we tried to fix it but I could see it plane as day. So it got late, we decided to pick up the next morning on the bed. We stirred and shook the shit out of the paint mixed it and sprayed the bed. The next day we put the bed on the truck and rolled it outside in the sun which revealed 2 different paint colors on the cab and bed. I took the truck home and it sat for 4 months in the back of my place and every time I looked at it all I could see was the color difference and the wavy hood. Then after a few drinks one afternoon I walked out and took a hand sander down one whole side so I wouldn’t attempt to put it together.

I tried the Titan 3 gun kit and would recommend it for primer work only.
I use a Devilbiss gfg670 plus for base and clear now that I love. It puts down clear like glass and has a huge fan.
Also have a SATA 3000rp that is an animal also.
The harbor freight purple 1.4 tip is a good gun for thinner primers and cheap. I have used 3.

Anyway save some cash and buy a decent gun and good cleaning kit. Especially if your shooting heavy mettalic and Don’t wait to clean it when you get done spraying. Do it immediately.

Any other hard stories? I’m looking to buy a 2.0-2.2 primer gun soon. Any recommendations?

3- warwick 878SHE mini guns 1.2 1.3 and 1.4
1- warwick 904HE 1.3
2- devilviss flg5 1.4 and 1.8
2- iwata w400 1.3 and 1.4

How do you like the Iwata guns? I’ve been thinking about getting one of their primer guns.

I use a Devilbiss gfg670 plus with 1.3,1.4 & 1.5 for my clear and I have a SATA 3000RP that I use mainly for base along with a host of cheaper this’s and that’s but none that spray the polyester G2 that good. You say a 1.8 tip works good with gravity feed? I was going to get a 2.0 for my main primer gun. The 1.8 I have is a conventional Sharpe siphon feed and doesn’t pickup the heavy primers and lay them that well without thinning them.