Turbine air supply

Hello Tony and Team,

I have a 5.5. HP 30 gallon compressor and I am told its not big enough to do a whole car…so I started looking at the new turbine spray systems (Fuji, Apollo, etc) which look really cool and seem to solve AIR issues for a fraction of the cost of a large compressor. QUESTION - Have you used one? Have you seen them ?

Eastwood has their kit model of one but Apollo and Fuji sell cool kits too. They are exclusive for painting (wont run power tools)

I have not used a system like this, however I have had older VIP’s talk about this a few years ago with great results. You are correct and I talk about it in my videos, you will have a hard time painting a full car with such a small air tank. It can be done, but will involve a little more stress than I think you need. Maybe others will be able to chime in… Good luck @arcorob. Depending on how much air that compressor pumps out, you may be able to just add additional volume (another air tank) to your compressor and get it done. I have heard of people successfully doing that as well.

Had a small compressor too, a HF 21 gallon tank. Purchased another HF 21 gallon tank and tied the 2 together (in tandem) so that both produced 4.5 CFM providing in theory 42 gallons of total air and 9 CFM. Purchased both compressors on sale $149, so around $300 total. Used this set up to blast my Jeep frame about 1 month ago and just sprayed the frame with epoxy primer and urethane ceramic chassis black this past weekend. No issues whatsoever. The key is to purchase a T connector and back flow valves (1 direction air flow only) to keep 1 tank from trying to fill the other. Connect it all together like a manifold. Compressors must also have their own electrical circuit. There are YouTube videos demonstrating this. This was a better option for me than spending around $1000 (compressor + 2 yr warranty) on a HF 60 2 stage compressor that requires a 240V circuit. Plus, if one compressor fails (you know it will when you are in the middle of a project), I can use the other as a back up.

Well, I think I just might do the fuji or Apollo 4 stage. I think it will be worth the investment and I will do a video when I get to that point.